Wheat based recipes posted by Shripriya
1. Wheat rawa: 1 cup (roasted)
2. Rice flour : 1 cup
3. Green chillies - 2 chopped fine
4. Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped fine
5. Curry leaves and Coriander leaves - few strings chopped fine
6. Onion - 1 small chopped fine (optional)
7. Sour curd - about half cup (optional)
8. Salt - to taste
9. Oil - to fry
Mix all the ingredients from 1 through 8. If you like a little sour taste for the vadas then add sour curd else mix it only with water. The batter should be in medu vadai batter consistency. Leave it aside for about 15 minutes. Heat the oil in a kadai, and make vadas with the batter and deep fry them. Can be relished with any kind of chutney or sauce.
Variation: Can boil one potato and mash and add it with the batter, it can be called as "Urulaikizhangu Rawa Vadai"!!!!