Normally sprout makers consits of 3 compartments (the medium sized ones, the larger ones have 4 compartments).
* Wash the beans and drain it.
* Rinse the sprout maker thoroughly.
* Add fresh water in the top compartment
* Put the soaked beans in the second compartment (the middle one)
* The bottom compartment is left empty.
* The water from the top compartment drips into the middle one and goes down to the last one.
* Remove the water from the bottom compartment every day.
* Keep the sprout maker in a warm place, better on fridge top to maintain warmth.
Though this is the method to be followed, many users have said, that this device is not so successful.